View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013   #13
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72216 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
He is not 100% right. Texans fans have been patient and waited years for this team to get their act together. Instead of coming together and becoming a stronger team they're the ones who are wishy-washy. That article on the Onion's website where they made fun of the Texans saying that they'd like to win one for Kubiak but just weren't capable of doing it wasn't really a parody. It wasn't fiction. It was fact.

There are a handful of Texans players who are self-motivating and who draw their strength and focus from within. I think most of us know who they are. The rest are a reflection of what they've been taught by Kubiak, Dennison, Phillips, and Marciano. They're the ones with a problem. Not the fans.

For years people have pointed out how nobody ever really comes to the Houston Texans and keeps getting better. At best a great player comes here and doesn't lose his greatness but most guys come here and just kind of flatline after a yaer or so. They walk in the door full of potential and with a bright future and three years later they're sitting there telling you that they don't know why they can't make plays when the team needs them to but they love Gary.

This team is going nowhere. It is broken and it has been for years. "Bad fans" saw it a long time ago and were told that they just had to give Gary time which is complete bull**** because in the time it's taken Gary to.... "oh wait, that ****er is still rebuilding" ...do whatever in the hell it is he's been doing coaches all over creation have been turning around franchises and making it happen in quick 1-3 year turnarounds. We're obviously on the 9 year plan here in Houston.

**** Ben Tate. That's the wishy-washy son of a ***** we thought was going to take over for Foster someday? I don't think so. Sure, I get that he's got cracked ribs and he's out there running the ball. I say the same thing to him that I said to Pastorini over 30 years ago. If you're too hurt to play then sit the hell down and stop being a liability to your team. If you can go then go and quit talking about your banged up ribs. Take a shot, cash your game check, and shut the **** up.
I hate it when I have a bad "team" day too.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote