View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013   #65
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109144 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If we get a top 5 pick...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXAg14 View Post
I think while trying to get a QB is a good idea, the most pressing concern is the offensive line. You can draft a QB all you like, but if you put him in there with a weaker OL it's not going to help his case at all.

I'm all in for drafting a starting OLman, like Jake Matthews for the 1st pick. Shore up the offensive line so you can have better running room for Foster, and more time for [insert starting QB here].

Use the next few rounds to get some depth on defense. Linebacker in particular.
You're right, I suppose. Keenum has me frustrated with his inability to pickup the blitz because I think he really can be the guy but if he can't throw to a hot route on a 6 man blitz we're not going to put points on the board. Jake Matthews in the first would do a lot to fix that.

However, how would you feel if we ended up with the #1 pick and got Bridgewater in the first, and Ogbuehi in the 2nd (assuming he comes out)? We shore up the RT position and land a franchise QB.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote