View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013   #40
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: -Looking Forward- Texans vs Raiders 11/17/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
This indicates that you believe Case won't continue to get better. That he is incapable of adjusting to the NFL.

There's game film on every starting QB in the league. Defenses always study that film before a game. DCs always try to figure them out & plan accordingly.

It's up to Case (who also studies that film) to beat those defenses anyway.
I believe Case Keenum is very capable of improving and eventually being able to beat the blitz once we improve the offensive line and running back position. But these last four games he started have been very predictable to watch in the second half. That's all I meant about the game film. I knew the Raiders were going to win this game. Ben Tate and his broken ribs, and all of our undrafted rookie RBs, are not good at picking up the blitz like Arian Foster was.

Gary Kubiak already went back to Matt Schaub, probably lost faith in Case Keenum like I have as well, and this season is a train wreck at 2-8. We have six games left and I don't think things will improve until the off-season.

If we bring in a new head coach he's not likely to make Case Keenum his starting quarterback going into 2014. It will be a total roster overhaul. We may even have to think about drafting a quarterback in round one like Teddy Bridgewater, Marcus Mariota (if he declares) or Johnny Manziel.

But our defense is so horrible we could use an elite defensive player to pair with J.J. Watt like Jadeveon Clowney, Anthony Barr or C.J. Mosley. Also Jake Matthews would solidify our offensive line for the next twelve years. We may be better off trading down even if we do end up with the first overall pick. We will definitely be in the top five regardless.