View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013   #170
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326354 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Oh boy.. Kubiak says Schaub working hard to get back..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolar's Ghost View Post
His devotion to Schaub was strange, and reminds me a lot of Cowher's loyalty to Kordell Stewart. In the end it will probably be his undoing.
I honestly don't see where Kubiak showed more devotion towards Schaub than what Schaub earned. Schaub has shown to play better than both Eli & Flacco for extended periods of time... the regular season. He's got the stats & the wins that says, "if he's having a couple of bad games, you cut him some slack."

Many here hate Schaub, plain & simple, because he hasn't shown to be clutch (strangely enough, neither has his replacement) & he's got a receding hairline. Bad.

But he's put up the stats & the Ws.

He threw an interception in the first game of the year.... but he made up for it, making plays to lead the team to victory. He threw a pick 6 in Tennessee, but he made up for it with another come from behind victory in OT.

He wasn't overly impressive in Baltimore. He was overly cautious & I know fans hate that. but I'm sure a coach would have looked at that as "not a good game" instead of a "bad game."

But he started the Seattle game like he got all that crap figured out & he was back on track & the team was back on track. then he threw the pick 6 in the 4th Qtr. I can't imagine anyone benching Schaub after the first half he had.

SF was bad. In light of the interceptions thrown in previous weeks, yes.... Schaub should have been benched after throwing three in this game.

I would have... & I believe any coach in the league would have started Matt Schaub against St Louis. He made some bad plays in the previous 5 games, but SF was really the only bad game. He played good enough for most of those games (not counting SF) with one bad play in each.

You can't point to another starting QB with Schaub's history, that was benched after three bad games. 5 years of top 10 stats, two pro bowls, back to back 10 win seasons, back to back division championships... it's rare. Look at Jake Delhomme, look at Carson Palmer. They played complete seasons before the team decided it was time to move on.

The thing to remember though, is that Case Keenum is every bit "Gary's guy" as Matt Schaub ever was. He probably doesn't get the lattitude Schaub had, but we know for a fact he'll be allowed to have a bad second half in three consecutive games & still start the following week. We know for a fact that he can fumble the ball in multiple games & still come back to start the next week. We know for a fact that he can lose a fumble that effectively ends a game we could have won & come back to start the next week. We know for a fact that he can lose a fumble at the beginning of a game, put his team in a hole (ala Jacoby Jones who was run out of town for a similar incident, even though the Ravens didn't score on that play) & still come back to start the next week.

So I wouldn't worry about Kubiak starting Schaub anytime soon. He's already shown us that Case would have to do much worse than Matt did to get pulled.