View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013   #28
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BL 2014 Trade Down Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
4. James Wilder. I don't get it man. Everyone loves this guy and I have no idea why. He's a physical specimen for sure. But Devonta Freeman is a much more polished RB and has always been ahead of him in the RB rotation. Also, Karlos Williams, a converted Safety, has jumped into the backup RB role and is taking snaps from Wilder. He's also been more successful. IMO, Wilder would have been better off playing LB in college because that's where his future was.
I get why people love Wilder, he's a physical specimen like you said and he works hard. He never gives up. You're right that Freeman is way more polished and versatile, but I don't see Freeman coming out this year. I think he'll stay. Wilder is probably going to come out because he isn't the starter and like you said Williams is going to take even more of his snaps.

He couldn't have been better than the linebackers we've had, I think that was why he stuck to RB. Apparently, he was one heck of a linebacker in HS.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote