View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013   #28
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: DeMeco Ryans is performing like a Pro Bowl player again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Maybe direct some if that ranting towards the actual organization that makes these decisions instead of other fans.

Seems like you're more ticked at the fans commenting on the moves the organization makes than the actual ****ty moves being made.
There's a guy here who claims the organization's penchant for pushing cap money out into the future is the reason for the state of this team right now. I've argued that is not the case, since we don't have any dead money against the 2013 cap for players no longer here. (s)He said it started mid December of the 2012 season & for the life of me I can't figure out how a mismanaging the future cap hurt the team mid-December.

But.... things like this, the Quin/Reed thing, the James Casey thing, Demeco.... those things hurt us. We didn't even make an offer to Quin (or Mario) & he signed a less expensive deal than Reed. Don't get me wrong, I liked the Reed deal when it happened, but I admit it was probably more of an emotionally irrational decision than a smart move.

Other things, like the money we paid Kevin Walter, Jacoby Jones, Wade Smith..... those guys underperformed those contracts & still had a position here. Wade damn near lost his position to a rookie 6th rounder from San Jose state.

That type of cap mismanagement hurt us.

Then every year it seems like we're hoping a handful of players come back from injury & play as well as they ever did. Demeco was one. He was returning to form, but instead of renegotiating his contract, he was straight up traded?? Newton is another. We're not paying him a lot of money, but the position he plays is too important not to have done something better than what we did. If they didn't think Ryan Harris could play better than a gimpy Newton, why is he here?

We should probably clean house of the medical staff & that really should have started years ago.