View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013   #19
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown and Jake Matthews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Personally, I don't like the technique that I see from our OL at times. Especially newton. But the entire group seems to not be very technically sound. That's just my opinion. I don't believe that the talent on the OL is that bad. Really, there is no reason newton should be as bad as he is. Other than maybe injury...but his technique as a tackle out there on the edge is cringeworthy. I don't understand how the coaches can look at film and not be all over this guy...this group as a whole. It's like sometimes they don't do the small things that matter a lot.

But newton should not be this bad.

I say this to say this...we have invested a good amount into the OL. I believe more than any other position group, especially in this scheme, that is the group that can be coached up the most. But we have like 5 decent draft picks there, some lower round picks, some money tied up at center.

I think if you make this pick Matthews has to be really special.
Matthews is really special.

Clowney is too, if both of them are there I dont know which one I would pick. Matthews is the safest pick in this daft. Clowney has the most upside. IMHO
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote