View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Duane Brown and Jake Matthews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
If Matthews is what he's supposed to be, then I really don't have any issues with taking him in a vaccum.

But I would not take him with any plans of moving him to LT in 5 years. That's half a decade away. Lots of things can change.

I remember people were saying we were set with brown and Winston at tackle for years to come.
Scared the sht out of me when Brown got banged up in KC.

I wouldn't plan on moving him in 5 years, I'd take him as the best player available & play it by ear. 4 years from now, if he's still playing RT & Brown is playing like we expect.... trade one or the other.

If Matthews becomes the better option for LT (most likely due to injury) at anytime before then, make the switch.

But we've got to do something about that RT spot, & two elite tackles would make it easier for Keenum to succeed (since we're passing on a first round QB) & help the run game.

If Kubiak continues as our coach in 2014. If we decide not to draft a QB in the first... if Matthews is still there when we pick... it's a no brainer.