View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013   #15
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown and Jake Matthews

I have only about 15 years of real nfl watching experience. How many premier LT's switch to other positions with the sand team to pro long their career?

Just putting myself in browns shoes, if I still think I can play LT, why on earth am I going to willingly go to RT or let alone a position I've never played before like guard.

If you're taking Matthews it's because you think he's the best guy to help you win games right now. Maybe you like the fact that he can be LT insurance, but I'm not buying the plan of moving him to LT and brown to RT in 2 or 3 years. That doesn't seem very realistic to me.

The more likely scenario is that brown is released when his play tapers off and if Matthews has played well enough at RT then you'd consider giving him the chance to fill that void.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote