View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013   #190
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
8 yrs in NFL time is beyond slow and steady, it's pathetic considering the current state of the franchise.
You're right. If I had to chose, I'd take the quick route. But whether you do it slow & steady, or quick, you've got to do it the right way. The Browns, Bills, Raiders.... they've been trying it the quick way, but they've been going about it all wrong.

Our slow & steady was "on the right track" up until a couple of years ago. The team has been going sideways for 2 years now as far as growth goes. We've been winning, but I think that shows how good a coach Kubiak really is. I understand he built this team, & the sideways direction is ultimately his fault. They made a bad assumption after 2011 & it bit them in the butt.

I just think it's easier to find someone capable of doing it slow & steady than it is to find the right guys to make it happen over night. Andy Ried didn't do anything over night. That team has been plagued by injury for the last 3-4 years. They've been collecting talent for quite some time now.

I tell you what, I think Gary did a fairly good job getting us from where we were to where we are. I honestly don't know if anyone could have done it faster. But right now, we're in a position where I believe a new coach would find success quick. Not so much in 2006.

That said. We were a losing franchise in 2006. Kubiak changed that after one season. Three years from then, we were in the play-offs. Had we fired Kubiak after 2010 it's possible we would still be experiencing this down-turn after back to back play-off seasons.

Would we still be as irate? Disappointed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
If I'm Arthur Blank I draft a pass rusher and trade up to get a LT to protect Ryan and I make the playoffs again. Dimitroff has shown he is willing to take risks and make moves. The Falcons ae in much better shape than the Texans and their slow and steady approach. IMHO
They've got one play-off victory since 2008 (6 years). Kubiak's got 2 (8 years). Why aren't you talking about finding a new head coach, or GM? The Falcons were probably expected to be the #3 team in the NFC & they've got the same 2-7 record we do.