View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013   #13
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown and Jake Matthews

Is Matthews the best OT in this draft? Yes. Is Matthews the best player if available when we pick? Yes. Is Matthews the best value when we pick? I don't know. If we could trade down from the top 5 to the mid 1st (12-15ish) and still get Erving or Kouandjio in the 1st, I think there would be better value for us as well as getting an extra pick or 2.

As for your plan, I think it's sound but has 2 flaws that I can see. Since the big money on DB's contract doesn't kick in until after 2016 I have doubts that DB is with the team after that. He might be a salary cap cut at that time. Also getting moved to RT won't extend DB's career. Teams have 2 great pass rushers now so it would be just as hard on DB and he'd have to learn a new position in the process. Now he could maybe get moved to LG to extend his career. I know it's also a new position but shouldn't be as hard on him. Maybe we could extend DB's contract another couple years in 2016 and lower his salary cap hit in the process.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote