View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013   #22
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BL 2014 Trade Down Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Todd McShay really likes him but I cannot understand why he does not get more sacks. If he were more in the mould of Nix I would happily let him clog the lanes. His total tackles are decent but only 2.5 per games which compares with Nix who has missed two games.
I don't think his 2012 arrest for fighting after leaving a bar will move him down much if any and he is known to have a motor. I think I would rather go for Sheldon or Carrethers later in draft for similar impact.

Cool back story of his adoption: http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/...ed-for-success
Nice link, good find BB.

My approach will be to add value, through trading down, while seeking potentialy best player available. Ra'Shede Hageman has Poe potential X2. Fact he is scheme diverse is something of great value & interest to Wade Phillips. He plays a lot of four man fronts, not just three & either way Hageman is a three down lineman which is what I feel Texans should target not just a run plugger up the middle. He needs to be supremely athletic same time. I've watched him get super low & drive three guys back off the goaline, chase down a RB, swatt passes & block kicks. Not much around him @ Minnesota, sound familar?

Also expect Wade Phillips to remain with the Texans. Not so sure about rest of staff, although there are some good ones like Joseph. Could be wrong but retaining Phillips should help in keeping Watt if they add some weapons around him.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote