View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013   #152
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oh boy.. Kubiak says Schaub working hard to get back..

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Thanks for update on Fowler. I use to be a frequent caller to his program. Lost track after he went to a golf program early morning. I really liked the guy.
Was that the "Three Amigos" show with Fowler, Dan Patrick, and Kenny Hand? That was before 24 hour sports radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
As a side note on Adams getting seats and remodel of Astrodome, I think a former owner of Astros (New York guy?) had told Bud he wanted the renovation also and would side with Adams to get it done but then he backed out or something. Astros enjoyed the renovations without much of the resulting hatred, IIRC.
I do have to give some credit to Bud when he admitted his greatest regret in life was not letting Drayton McLane move the Astros first. He knew he has been played a fool when McLane started whining about the same Astrodome he was promoting after the Oilers left. Everyone was so upset with losing the NFL that the gave McLane anything/everything he wanted in a stadium deal.

If Bud had been patient, he would have the shiny new stadium in Houston and no doubt that MLB would have found a team to move here to replace the Astros.

So while I'm no fan of Bud, I can appreciate someone admitting a mistake.