View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013   #150
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oh boy.. Kubiak says Schaub working hard to get back..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolar's Ghost View Post
No doubt that Adams was a goober (albeit a rich one). But the man behind the team's move to Tennessee was a fellow named Mike McClure, one of Adam's "lieutenants" at the Oilers.

Adams wrote into McClure's contract that he (McClure) would get a $1 million bonus if he could secure a new stadium for the team -- wherever the stadium would be. Didn't matter if it would be in Missoula, Montana (well, you get the point).

Not being from Texas or having ties here, McClure started calling around, and eventually the deal was struck to move the team, and get a new stadium, in Nashville.

And the rest is NFL history. McClain and Fowler would verify the story, although Fowler, now an ordained minister (living in Colorado), probably wouldn't want to deal with such mundane matters...
Thanks for update on Fowler. I use to be a frequent caller to his program. Lost track after he went to a golf program early morning. I really liked the guy.

As a side note on Adams getting seats and remodel of Astrodome, I think a former owner of Astros (New York guy?) had told Bud he wanted the renovation also and would side with Adams to get it done but then he backed out or something. Astros enjoyed the renovations without much of the resulting hatred, IIRC.