View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013   #427
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 293247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Honestly, I really don't even play online anymore. I'm mostly content with franchise mode and occasionally playing someone else head to head.
I stopped playing online many years ago. I do not have the quick reflexes required to compete with the young people, nor do I have the time to devote to absorbing playbooks like the average rabid online gamer.

I just have fun with the various modes of running a franchise. Even funnier is doing the EA game face thing with your own picture. I get a kick out of seeing myself on the sidelines or in games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Valid points on the play of the game.

I would say many of the belittling comments are in response to off-season/GM moves on trades and such.
Yeah, I get and agree with the off-season/GM thing, because so many of the ideas are a bit whacky and unrealistic.

Madden has tried to replicate some of the front office stuff with salary cap management and more realistic trades, but still just a simulation of the real thing in that regard. If anything, it makes me sort of understand how complicated a GM's job can be, so I try not to act like I know what's up in a real FO in that regard.