View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013   #11
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
All I Really Need To Know About Football learned by playing Madden 07 <---linky

And then there's this, from Madden himself:

Madden describes himself as "never a good player" of Madden NFL, and prefers to watch others play. Although retiring from broadcasting in 2009, he nonetheless continues to participate in each Madden's development:

He breaks down upcoming rules changes. He brings up concussions, helmet-to-helmet hits and gimmick quarterbacks. A digression on how the Dome Patrol-era Saints used to frustrate Bill Walsh's 49ers teams with short linebacker drops becomes a lecture on the obsolescence of the fullback, which then morphs into a short aside on player character.

Coaches and players have said that Madden has influenced their play, and football broadcasts on television use Madden-like visual cues to more closely resemble it. The NFL reportedly considers the series its "33rd franchise", because each week during the season EA Sports receives the same searchable film database of every play that each of the league's 32 teams do.

Source

LoL...would've never seen that had you not quoted it. I'm guessing that was in response to what I said earlier.

Madden and ncaa actually can teach people about some football things. Strategies, plays, player attributes, schemes, reading defenses, angles...ect..

Doesn't mean you can play madden and become an nfl coach, but you can learn quite a bit. It's actually become a damn good simulation.

Thanks for that article. Hadn't read that before.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote