View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013   #420
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 298506 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Ok...well that goes down as the silliest post of the entire thread. Keep up the good work.
All I Really Need To Know About Football learned by playing Madden 07 <---linky

And then there's this, from Madden himself:

Quote:
Madden on 'Madden'

Q: How have you seen the game evolve to where now high school players are actually learning offenses and defenses from your game?

John Madden: I think that's big, and it's not only for high school kids. I was with my 8-year-old grandson the other night while he was playing, and it's amazing how much they know now at such a young age. You don't have to wait until high school to get to know the plays and the rules now. Kids can call out rules quicker than someone inside the game can, and it's just amazing to me the knowledge of young players. And then for the high school kids, this is how they're learning how to play. That's why it's important for us to have the right way to play in the game.

Full Article

Madden describes himself as "never a good player" of Madden NFL, and prefers to watch others play. Although retiring from broadcasting in 2009, he nonetheless continues to participate in each Madden's development:

He breaks down upcoming rules changes. He brings up concussions, helmet-to-helmet hits and gimmick quarterbacks. A digression on how the Dome Patrol-era Saints used to frustrate Bill Walsh's 49ers teams with short linebacker drops becomes a lecture on the obsolescence of the fullback, which then morphs into a short aside on player character.

Coaches and players have said that Madden has influenced their play, and football broadcasts on television use Madden-like visual cues to more closely resemble it. The NFL reportedly considers the series its "33rd franchise", because each week during the season EA Sports receives the same searchable film database of every play that each of the league's 32 teams do.

Source