View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013   #167
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm not changing the argument, I'm agreeing with the people that said our F.O. screwed up the last two years. The team we have today is not as good as the team we had in 2011. Not in the coaching department, not on special teams. Not on the Offensive line, the secondary... not at the LB position, not at TE. The only thing we can say that is better about this team than the 2011 team, is the QB & I say that with rose colored glasses.

Slow & steady growth will lead to decades of football played at the highest level. Slow (which is what we've got, because we haven't "grown" in two years) will get you 2-7.
So to summarize the modified theory.

Doing it "The Right Way" results in taking 5 years to get to the playoffs, then the team is at risk falling back if the growth tapers off.

Doing it "The Wrong Way" gets you to the playoffs in a couple of years, then the team is at risk of falling back if the growth tapers off.

Given that there are the exact same results, I prefer the fast turnaround.

I guess you have finally helped me demonstrate that The Right Way sophistry that had been posted for years was just spin to defend a flailing and failing program. Thanks!