View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013   #40
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If we get a top 5 pick...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
That's one of the reasons I would strongly consider a trade back to ~8-10 if we were in the top 5 and not taking a QB (Or our target QB is gone) and taking Cameron Erving of FSU.

The other thing to consider is "How many more years does Brown have at LT"?

Drafting a guy like Matthews allows you to plug him in at RT right away and possibly move him to LT later , basically Browns future replacement is on the roster. This really softens the blow of "this is too high for a RT".
This is why I think Matthews is the safest pick.
He does well both at RT and LT.

Good technique, good pad level, good kick slide, good movement combined with the skill and knowledge of how to use his hands and arms, Quick and efficient on the second level, strong to sustain the bull rush, recover nicely upon mistake.

This guy has it all.
He's playing LT this year and I'm drafting him as such.

Your QB's best friend.
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote