View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013   #409
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243454 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Damn. I like Wade and I'm not going to slam his defense.

But the above news - if true - speaks volumes about some foundational problems with the coaching staff and front office.

You have one of the most respected defensive coordinators in the league. And now we are finding out that a player was basically forced on him. A player that he did not think fits his scheme. Wade will never come out and say it. He's a professional and team player.

But, it does make sense when it never looked like Reed belonged in this defense, both with limited range from his surgery and the way he was being implemented. Then read his words that go him into trouble. He was obviously not happy with being benched, but there was something else to it, like a dissatisfaction with both the coach and scheme.

Screw Reed and screw the Jets. I'm not going to root for either of them out of spite. I'm a Texans fan, regardless of the coaching staff, and I'm certainly not going to bandwagon some freakin' yankee team that I've never liked just to make some kind of statement. Screw that noise.
Couldn't have said it better myself. MSR.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote