View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013   #129
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Oh boy.. Kubiak says Schaub working hard to get back..

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
agreed

(on if he’ll use the rest of the year to see if QB Case Keenum can start each week and be a starter in the NFL) “No, I wouldn’t say that. I’m going to keep going week-to-week. Matt’s (Schaub) working really hard. I know what Matt wants back on the field. I think Case has played really well and done a lot of good things. He has made a lot of mistakes too that he’s got to correct. We’ve been in some close ball games with the ball in his hand at the end of the game and we’ve got to get over the hump there. I think we just keep going. I think he needs a little pressure on him to continue to have to play well and stay in there. I’m not going to give anybody anything, much less a quarterback.”

that was the exact quote, to me its more than pressure on case, its a way to say matt will start again just waiting for case to make one mistake
Guess what the Raiders are going to do to Case. They're going to blitz him. This is game 4, Case has got to give them a reason to change their mind. I haven't seen the all 22. I haven't even watched the 2nd half of the Arizona game (yet... just a matter of time), but I guarantee you he had options he didn't take.

Yes, the blitz is going to beat him every now & again, but he's got to beat it from time to time. If defenses don't respect his ability, he has no business starting.

Don't take this to mean I don't think he can do it. I'm hoping with everything I can..... all the koolaid we've got left, that we win the next 7 games straight up. It is my wish that Keenum breaks every one of Matt Schaub's records, & Carr's consecutive completion record. But the reality is we've got less than 200 yards of total offense in the second half of the last 3 games combined. Not all Case's fault (just like 2-4 wasn't all Schaub), but he's a big part of it. He's the QB.