View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013   #127
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oh boy.. Kubiak says Schaub working hard to get back..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
So you think case doesn't feel pressure to perform? You think if kubiak hadn't said this case would go all cruise control, like yeah, I got this?

Let's be real here. You don't think that the potential for this team to pick a qb in round 1 is enough of a motivator for him to perform?

Kubiak meant what he said. There's absolutely no motivational quality in it. He's ready to throw Schaub back in there.

My concern with the statement is how long of a rope is he going to give case. If he yanks him after a bad game or two, that's an issue. You need to fully evaluate this guy and short of monumental melt down, he should remain the starter.

If case proves he's not the guy, then I don't care what kubiak does at qb because we'll need to take one in the first round anyways.

But my concern with the statement is that kubiak won't give case the rope that he should have. Which makes no sense.

agreed

(on if hell use the rest of the year to see if QB Case Keenum can start each week and be a starter in the NFL) No, I wouldnt say that. Im going to keep going week-to-week. Matts (Schaub) working really hard. I know what Matt wants back on the field. I think Case has played really well and done a lot of good things. He has made a lot of mistakes too that hes got to correct. Weve been in some close ball games with the ball in his hand at the end of the game and weve got to get over the hump there. I think we just keep going. I think he needs a little pressure on him to continue to have to play well and stay in there. Im not going to give anybody anything, much less a quarterback.

that was the exact quote, to me its more than pressure on case, its a way to say matt will start again just waiting for case to make one mistake