View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: DeMeco Ryans is performing like a Pro Bowl player again

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Yes DB the Texans are sucking at 2-7. As I have said on other subjects and as was the intent on this one - that doesn't mean they f'd up everything they touched. If you were OK with the decision then, you should be OK with it now.
I agree, man. But having been through these kind of sucktastic seasons, we know the level of bitching is going to reach Biblical proportions. Unfortunately, some of the more logical and constructive analysis gets lost in the white noise of massive complaining.

The ones I just don't get is the reflective calls to fire Kubiak in 2010, like the past two playoff seasons never happened, and like wanting him fired after 6-10 was some kind of badge of honor.

I would never trade the past two seasons, and honestly, I will always think positive of Kubiak for those two seasons regardless of how things pan out. It doesn't give him free pass this season, but I'm not going to act like 2011 & 2012 were not a blast and were not great for this franchise, city, and fanbase. Kubiak is behind our first winning season, first playoffs (and wins), and first division titles, so I will not lose my objectivity in that regard.

And I know you're not pointing fingers at anyone specific, but I'm trying to sort through the various perspectives to find the nuggets of gold. Although I dislike being in agreement with some folks, just as a matter of principle.

So yeah, now my [/rant]