View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013   #337
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where to spend the 2014 1st round pick?

[quote=

OT has become one of the premier positions in the game , I cant see Matthews being on the board beyond the 4th-5th picks.

Bridgewater , Clowney & Mariota .... who else do you see going in front of Matthews ?[/QUOTE]

if i had to guess a few names i'd say:

Hundley- if he comes out and has a good workout, some team will fall in love with his size & potential & jump up & take him way before he's supposed to go..

Don't know too much about Barr, but lots of mocks project him going in the top 5...a great workout could force a team like ATL who's so thirsty for a pass rusher that they signed an over the hill Umenyiora this past year.. to take him if they wind up inside the top 5.

Can't rule out Sammy Watkins who's just outside the top 5..he's sure to blow teams away with his athleticism at his pro day....& Pittsburgh needs someone opposite brown b/c sanders isn't getting it done.

& that other OT Lewan could be in the mix to go before him if he blows away scouts or performs better or as good at the combine / pro day than matthews.

The x-factor is Manziel imo...considering the teams who project to be at the top of the draft board....Minny, TB, Jax, us....someone's gonna reach for him. Us and Minny are prime candidates b/c it is thought we already have enough weapons to surround him with...

Apart from that you know how the draft goes man..there's always someone who's not on the radar that has a beast workout at the combine & that shoots them up draft boards.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote