View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: DeMeco Ryans is performing like a Pro Bowl player again

A couple posts of mine from the thread DB mentioned. My thoughts haven't changed a lick. Bad trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I think anyone who might be thinking D-Ryans won't be an effective player anymore are just trying to make themselves feel better about this trade. There's no doubt in my mind he will be the leader and most effective player on the Eagles D.

Normally I begin to feel better about these kinda things a day or two later. Well, I don't and highly doubt I ever will. Bad trade
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I've never been too critical of Smith and our FO up to this point. I'd usually shrug it off as thinking they knew better than I would about the cap/contracts/etc. But, I must say, this trade is horrible no matter how I look at it. It screams of screwing the pooch capwise.

I was ok with letting Winston go because I think Butler has the athleticism to be better. I was even coo with allowing Brisiel to walk once we re-signed Myers. I was fine with Mario leaving because I knew we couldn't afford him. I was going to be ok if Dreessen ended up signing elsewhere too. This, I just can't agree with at all. Just piss poor value in return for a player of D-Ryans caliber.

Sharpton played fairly well in place of D-Ryans, but the dude can't stay on the field long enough to properly evaluate his performance.

All that said, *sigh*, I'm still a Texans fan to the core.