View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013   #393
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed released

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
If Wade only makes 3 calls a game then there is 32 years of tape of him doing it. It shouldn't work for one year, one game or one half.

C'mon a little common sense - base, nickel and dime are 3 calls without any variation.

I believe you are thinking of a defensive player (Seahawks CB with the pick 6 iirc) talking about the offense.
I think the "3 calls" had a hint of sarcasm. At least that's the way I read. His scheme is basic and easily beat if the pass rush doesn't get home.

Wade's stubborn and old school. Good coaches/teams figure him out, but he refuses to make significant adjustments. Patriots being a perfect example