View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013   #391
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed released

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
If Wade only makes 3 calls a game then there is 32 years of tape of him doing it. It shouldn't work for one year, one game or one half.

C'mon a little common sense - base, nickel and dime are 3 calls without any variation.
The defense we are lined up in is considered a package. The play that you call can be called from any package.

For instance. Man to man, cover 3, cover two. That can be balled from just about every package.

Of course there are some variations, but I think the point is that wade doesn't really have any exotic looks which ought to be a staple of a 34. There is likely not much we do to actually fool offenses or make them think twice about.

And for all wades success, he has a consistent track record of a good turnaround followed by not so good seasons.

I would ask that you use some common sense as well. You have a guy coming from a very good defensive team over the years who has made a living off if making qb's think twice about throwing towards him. There are guys who have talked about how simple wades defense is.

Maybe it's not 3 plays. That wasn't what was said anyways, it was "around three plays". I think the point was obvious...wades defense is simple...Ed wanted to do more things...wade didn't budge.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote