Thread: 1st 2014 mock
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013   #24
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153344 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st 2014 mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I'm pretty much the same way , excluding QB for the time being until we see what we have in Keenum as well as who's coaching the team next year. If its Kubiak , Keenum may be the guy , someone else is likely going to want "their guy" and use a premium pick to get that player.

As for Matthews and a top 5 pick being early for RT. I see that a bit different.

How many more years does Brown have at LT ?? Drafting Matthews now instantly solves the RT issues while having Browns eventual replacement at LT on the roster.

Brown & Matthews are likely the best OT tandem in the league in the mean time.

Protect the QB , get after the QB .... That's a hell of a start as far as protecting the QB. Find an NT that can push the pocket around in the next couple of rounds , you likely solve multiple defensive issues with one pick.
This is exactly my plan and i just wished I could use a pick on JaWuan James who could alternate with Matthews as he takes breather or offers Brown some down time and replace him when he eventually replaces DB. A solid nose makes everybody better.