Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013   #829
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

of course the graphic from a texas a&m based site will support johnny and show stats that favor him, i'm sure the other schools will do the same eventually for their player.

as far as who should win, I think the best question is which player is the most integral to a team's success?

- without winston, florida state possibly has one loss to clemson. maybe. their defense is good enough to overcome and allows winston/any qb to play safely.

- without petty, baylor maybe loses to ksu (somehow) but as we've seen with briles (keenum, robert griffin, petty) his system is plug n' play. they are about to enter the tough stretch of their weak schedule however, but only osu or texas should provide tests.

- oregon without mariota probably has the second most dramatic fall off and even then their running game is strong enough and passing game safe enough (screens/short passes) to get the backup through the games. losses to stanford and toss ups with ucla/u dub.

- without jff, a&m sadly has four losses or more (bama/auburn much worse, ole miss/msu/arkansas go either way). the running game would be a crutch for the backups (joeckel doesn't have the "it" factor and hill is a true freshman who will be good, but just isn't ready) but injuries on the OL have had them underperforming lately. and then there is the defense which is just flat horrible. without johnny against lsu/mizzou, we stand zero chance. i'm not that confident we win even with him because of the defense. johnny knows this and plays that way; going for the big plays because he doesn't trust the defense to make stops like they could last year.

now there is also this rape case going on. nothing like a good media crucifixion to taint what otherwise would be a stellar football season for winston. we'll see if that has any effect on voters, as some have stated they will not vote for manziel due to his off-season notoriety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
You're missing my point. Rushing stats are part of football and should be included. However, you should include fumbles as well when you are talking about a guy that runs 11 times per game.
the only fumble I can remember johnny having this year was against ole miss. I don't think the ncaa records lost fumbles individually so I couldn't fact check.