View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013   #163
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 108923 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
We were 12-4 because we beat bad teams. Denver was still in the process of creating chemistry. Baltimore didn't have Ray and Suggs was just coming back from his Achilles. I don't think Chicago is that good of a team. Detroit had chances to seal the game but couldn't after Schaub's interception. There's really nothing to be proud about because any time a well coached, above average QB-led team came to play, we got SMOKED. Kubiak is not a good coach. He's not terrible, but he's certainly not good. He surrounds himself with bad personnel. I don't know what else you need to see.
Well stated, and your points are valid. I just feel that Kubiak was given too much rope to hang himself, and his Achilles heel is that he's incapable of making objective decisions about personnel. As a result, we didn't get to see him maximize what he does best. I believe that Kubiak with consistent personnel could regularly take a team deep into the post season every year.

If he's fired this season, I wouldn't object. But I also believe that a winning record would've been unlikely anyway with the injuries suffered and the QB meltdown.

And no matter who gets fired, I still believe this:

Quote:
Realistically, I think the best solution is for McNair to conduct a critical review of his organization as it relates to scouting and personnel.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote