View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013   #104
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oh boy.. Kubiak says Schaub working hard to get back..

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
Kubes can say what he wants to increase Schaub trade value, but he forgot one thing there isn't a team in this league dumb enough to trade for that contract.
This is true, but remember this is the Texans. There were 31 other teams that would not pay a gimpy over-the-hill safety $6 million, too.

I'm not sure if the Texans FO understands that other teams operate differently than they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
This ^^

I have no idea why anyone in here thinks that Schaub somehow has a market at this time. His market is slightly higher than Rex Grossman at this point. The only HC that this fixation on Schaub is the genius we've had for 8 seasons.
I do not think anyone here thinks Schaub has trade value.

You sort of answered your own statement with the last sentence. This is Kubiak we are talking about, Marvin Lewis 2.0 of the AFC South. 8 seasons and two playoff wins.

While the rest of us and 31 other teams don't see trade value, that does not mean the Texans FO sees the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I just know that some wouldn't dare to purposely take Kubiak's statements completely out of context on this sort of thing.

Naaa . . Perish that thought. That couldn't possibly happen.
Well, we are a collective group-think as a forum.

In all seriousness, though, what context do you think Kubiak meant that statement? Just motivation for both QBs?

Kubiak has always been sort of cryptic with his statements. Often they are probably just sort of milquetoast wording to avoid letting any information out. So yeah, probably overreaction by fans - what we do! - and not much else to it.

That said, he's sailing the seas of cheese.