Thread: 1st 2014 mock
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013   #18
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st 2014 mock

I'm not sold on clowney either. But when I exclude qb's for the time being and I think about what we currently have on the roster, clowney makes a lot of sense to me. And for the record, I liked Mario and when a lot of people were itching to get brooks reed in over him I lol'd at that. Find some of those old threads. I talked about how Reed wasn't beating anyone on his pass rush and how when the OL got their hands in him he was done. I remember people talking about wades 34 having more flexibility with Reed and Barwin at olb. Now some of those sand people probably want to move him inside.

Would be nice to have a legit presence on the outside again. Watt AND Mario would have been nice. Clowney, IMO, is a bit more fluid than Mario and would obviously be much cheaper at first.

I thought about Matthews, and I like Matthews a lot for this team (need to watch more film on him....and everyone else)...but the reason I didn't go there is because I think RT is solvable without using a top 5 pick on one. We spent a two picks on guys that can play rt last draft and I think Ryan Harris could be ok. Maybe even draft another guy or bring in a FA.

But I wouldn't be upset with Matthews.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote