View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013   #157
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 39800 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I still believe it. But I don't think we've been watching slow & steady growth.

How has this team improved over the last two off-seasons? We took a few stabs, but nothing that's panned out. I think Texian is more right than not about the salary cap issues. I just don't believe his reasoning.
Of course you still believe. You have your reality distortion glasses on, and you are changing the argument. The theory was that slow and steady growth leading to the first playoff appearance was what mattered:

1) If the Texans have slow and and steady improvement - the Texans did this for years
2) When the Texans finally reach the playoffs - the Texans have made the playoffs
3) Then the Texans will be in the playoffs for a decade - I may be a bit premature since the team isn't mathematically eliminated, but I think the 2-7 Texans aren't making the playoffs this year.

You can toss out your standard, "Boy are you going to be surprised when the Texans win out and make the playoffs this year" post, but I'm talking about this football season, not a fictional future history of this season.