View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013   #1572
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217648 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedr View Post
Good points- I hadn't thought about who he hasn't had with him in the games- in my mind that means he's been that much more impressive.

I looked at Schaub's stats with Atlanta. He started two games in his three years there, had a 52% completion %, threw six TDs and six INTs, and had an 0-2 record...yet after playing golf with Kubes, we trade for him, he gets a fat contract, and is anointed the starter. So, he gets all this after not having won a game before coming to Houston, and people here don't think Case deserves to start the rest of the year? What am I missing?
You have to go back in time a little bit. Schaub was a 3rd round draft choice but ONLY because he hurt his shoulder his senior year and teams weren't sure how he would recover from that.

Early on, there were a lot of people in Atlanta calling for Schaub to start over Vick. Schaub was a hot-topic around the league. A lot of teams were interested in him and wanted to trade for him.

He was a high value guy at the time even though there were a lot of nay-sayers in the fanbase who branded him purely a back-up QB.

Now on the other topic... I don't see how anyone could watch Case play in this offense and not be excited about the possibilities and not be overjoyed with his development.

I just don't get it. And as a UH alum, I've tried to be extremely objective about Case because I know I've got some bias there.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote