Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013   #820
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Avoid what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
I would probably give a bonus to players who have a stronger schedule (or at least penalize players who play weaker ones), but what does it for me W/R/T Manziel vs. Winston is that FSU's defense isn't shabby whereas Manziel often can't catch a break.

The fact that his stats are better on the whole are better is just all the more reason to give it to him.
That goes both ways. Against Wake Forest, FSU defense had 6 interceptions and scored 3 or 4 times. In the first half, the FSU defense scored like 3 times in a row and the offense was barely on the field. That keeps the QB off the field and allows the coach to use his 4 RBs when they do get the ball in a 35-0 game in the 1st quarter. When the defense is allowing teams to score, the QB is going to have more opportunity to pad those stats. So, I don't really see your point, especially if you are going to mostly be looking at statistics.