Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013   #819
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 10032 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
It makes you question what the Heisman trophy is a trophy for? Most valuable player on a championship contender? Best statically performance? Most efficient player?

I don't really care too much about trophies like the Heisman. If it were more defined in what exactly constitutes a winner, I would probably be more interested. I like the race overall and award show because you get to see highlights of these guys and get to follow their seasons more easily.
Meh, I personally see the Heisman as a sort of league MVP for college football. Manziel might not be as important as other players might be for a team with less national recognition, but considering his contributions, his stats, and who he goes up against (lotsa bonus points for his games against Alabama), he deserves the Heisman.

Quote:
I think all 4 of the guys I have mentioned would be deserving of the award. I actually think McCarron is running 5th right now.
Stuff like that is what I'd want to avoid. McCarron is a bit more talented than the last guy they had at QB but he gets way too much success for what his team has accomplished.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote