View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005   #16
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 926 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Baked Crabmeat,Articoke,Spinich Dip

I've used so many versions of this dip, I crown this one as my favorite:
Just might bring it to the game sunday!
Two nice size bunches of spinach-wash n trim um
2-3 slices of bacon-smoked flavor
2 tbls EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
1 cup chopped onion
1 tbls chopped garlic- or more (smiles)
2 8 oz pkg chream cheese-soft
2 1/2 tbls lemon juice
1 tbls creole-or favorite spiced mustard
1 tea fresh tarragon- ok use dried if you don't have fresh
1 tbls worcestershire sauce- anyone else have trouble SAYING that word?
1 lb quality lump crab meat-then you don't have to pick out tooth chipping shells!
1 14oz jar articoke hearts-drained and chopped
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
3/4 cup fresh grated parmigiano-regggiano
2 egg yolks
bit of salt/pepper & cayenne to taste
1/2 tea hot pepper sauce
1 cup dried bread crumbs

oven 350

Cook spinach until wilted in a pot of boiling water, rinse in cold water, pat dry, chop well and place into a bowl. Fry the bacon in a bit of evoo until crisp and add the onion and garlic cook until those are soft. add that mixture to the spinach bowl. blend the cream cheese, lemon juice, mustard,tarragon, worcestershire (however you say it) sauce until creamy. Mix in the spinach and bacon mixture, then the crab meat, articoke hearts, jack cheese, 1/2 cup of the parmigiano, the egg yolks, and the salt and peppers, mix well.

Butter up a shallow 2 quart or so baking dish, and pour the mixture into the dish.
Combine the rest of hte ingrediants into a food processor or blender and lightly blend them together. Evenly spread over the crabmeat mixture. Bake until bubbly and brown 30-40 min.
serve warmish with crispy tortilla chips, Soooo Good, Trust me!