Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013   #816
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

I guess it depends on what you consider as relevant and not relevant. Do you penalize players for putting teams away early and sitting out for much if not all of the second half? Does playing less snaps at a higher efficiency hurt you? Is a guy a better player because he has put up more yards and TDs in more snaps in closer games over other guys that are more efficient? Assuming stats are all that matter. National title relevance favors every other Heisman candidate as well.

I could also make a picture just like that that showed QBR and passing efficiency and wouldn't look quite so homer for Aggies, but I don't care enough. Yards per game vs ranked teams is laughable considering FSU smashed the three ranked teams they have played.

Also, don't count out Mariota or Petty. Mariota was having a fantastic year before the Stanford game. He was playing poorly in that game, then got injured. I think he will probably bounce back and get back into it. Petty has an interesting schedule coming up where he could really jump up the Heisman ranks.