Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013   #814
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Nope. Manziel is better at 73% to 69%
You're talking about completion percentage. I was talking about the passing efficiency described here at sports reference.

Bryce Petty leads the nation in that statistic, followed by Winston, then Manziel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Yes. Wingston is slightly better at 192.2 to 186.9
That's passing efficiency as described above. I was talking about ESPN's QBR.

It has Petty, Mariota, Winston, then Manziel in that order. Top three are within .5 of each other, then Manziel is 4.2 points back of the lowest of the three.

Regardless, they are all playing very well. I was just pointing out that the raw stats of yardage/TDs is slightly skewed for Winston, considering he hasn't been playing in the second half very much. I think that that will hurt his chances. I felt the need to do that considering that article posted says:

Quote:
So Manziel has played much tougher competition and put up much better stats against that tougher competition
After the article cited Missouri and LSU as tough competition, yet A&M hasn't played either yet. "Much better stats," as shown above, isn't exactly accurate.

Also:
Quote:
Through 10 games, here are Manziel's stats as compared with the rest of the nation's top quarterbacks — Marcus Mariota, Jameis Winston, Bryce Pettyand AJ McCarron (research via TexAgs.com).
Interesting that he gives total yards, TDs, etc after stating that the statistics are through 10 games, but doesn't state that the other quarterbacks have only played 9 games, while A&M has played 10.

Not a very "good read" as described.

ESPN has some good articles on the Heisman race. I think it's pretty close, but honestly think that Winston won't play enough in the last 3 games to keep pace with the other guys.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 11-13-2013 at 09:20 PM.