View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013   #9
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelganger's Kneejerk Mock-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Too many picks on offensive line, need way more defense, especially d-line.
I can understand that point. However, I firmly believe that Matthews can start Day 1. Yankey also has the potential to be a very good starting OL. If we honestly look at our OL right now, who can we pencil in as above average NFL starters?

Brown, while injured and Myers are pretty much it. Wade Smith is on the rapid decline and likely gone next year. Newton has been a disaster and needs to be gone. Brooks has been ok but hasn't lit the world on fire. Having a strong OL will give the QB(case or whomever) time and give him space to work. In an NFL where it is becoming a passing league, a premium is needed on the QB and the guys who protect the QB.

I would resign Antonio to a 3 year deal to quell the immediate need on D. The move to get Murphy improves the OLB/ILB spots. A new CB is brought in and another ILB. With only a handful of picks a theme had to be selected and I opted to do what I could to protect the QB and get one more edge rusher. More time for the QB=more opportunity to score in the Offensive NFL era. Sadly, having suffocating D's may become a relic of the past.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote