View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013   #353
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I was optimistic when they signed him. Mainly just by choice because I wanted to hope this season was going to be the exact opposite of what it turned out to be.

I think some teams - or should I say coaching staffs - have a pretty good track record for signing aging vets. Most that are successful at it seem to be good talent evaluators, and most of the time they never overpay.

Unfortunately, the Texans track record seems to be the opposite. The Texans have done pretty good with drafting players, but spotty on the free agent market, especially when it comes to older veterans.

In hindsight, it looks kind of desperate. And not sure how reliable McClain is considering his history with the team, but his admission that Wade was never big on Reed for his system is intriguing.
I hadn't heard that, but if true...that's very intriguing on multiple levels.

Who forced him on wade? (McNair?)

If wade didn't want him, did he really give him the best shot to succeed? Maybe they had been clashing and wade had simply tuned him out?

Lots of questions...and well....it's kind of sad that this season has turned into a soap opera. I feel like I'm watching the young and the restless or something. ****ed up twists at every turn.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote