View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013   #48
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oh boy.. Kubiak says Schaub working hard to get back..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
doesn't matter when he said it, at the end of the day what was Schaub supposed to do? quit the team & not dress b/c he's not the starter anymore?

hell, what was Kubiak supposed to say about Schaub? "Matt?... well he's content where he's at now, I think he'll put it in cruise control for the rest of the season until we inevitably release him.."

C'mon you guys are getting your panties in wad over nothing. I'd expect nothing less from a professional.
This has nothing to do with Schaub, but everything with Kubiak.

Personally, I had supported both of them from the start.
But you cannot have double standard.

It only make Schaub look worse.
The comment that Keenum needs to continue to play well to stay in there is actually a blow to Schaub.

Schaub didn't play well for a long time, but held on to the job.

Even though Kubiak might not mean it, but he makes it sound like "I'm ready to put Schaub in the first moment Keenum has a slight flaw."

Why?
A young player can use more rope, while as a veteran needs no baby-sitting.
But Kubiak sounds like he's giving tough love to the youngster, and baby-sitting the veteran still.

Bowing out gracefully is the way to go; you don't want to make it more akward, which is what Kubiak is doing.

He's not doing Schaub a favor.
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote