View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013   #17
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BL 2014 Mid-Season Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
C'mon guys, y'all know Texans will win enough games with weak schedule going forward to finish outside top 10 picks looking in (13th). Still can enhance roster deficiency, linebacker corps while Case Keenum proves he has the "right stuff".

I wanted to take this in two parts.

I was wondering what is the average record of the #11 pick over the past 8 years:

2012: 7-9
2011: 7-9
2010: 6-10
2009: 7-9
2008: 7-9
2007: 7-9
2006: 7-9
2005: 6-10

Essentially outside of the top top will likely require 7 wins, but possibly 6. To get to 7 wins, the Texans must go 5-2 over the last 7. To get to 6 they must go 4-3. For a team that has lost 7 straight games, and came very close to losing the first 2, this would be a Herculean effort. If not for a ridiculous comeback in Game 1 and taking advantage of a relatively weak squad at home, the Texans could easily be 0-9 rather than 2-7 right now.

Given the rest of the schedule, I think the Texans lose to the Broncos, Patriots, Colts, Titans. I think they can beat the Raiders and Jags(though I am not as sure about the Jags road game.) I am thinking they finish the final 7 games 3-4 or 2-5 and end up with a 5-11 or 6-10 record. That would put them in the middle to late top 10(say 6-10.)

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote