Originally Posted by steelbtexan
1. Clowney, I would immediately go to a 4-3
2.Joyner, small but a playmaker
3. Smallwood, if your moving Cushing to OLB in 4-3 then give me another hardnosed LB like Skov.
3. Fuller, Major upgrade over the McCain Harris crap they are currently running out there. Could be the replacement for JoJo in 2015.
4. McCullers, the anchor of the 4-3
4. Thomas- If you want James you need to take him here
5. James- Give me Micheal Dyer, if your going to go Jimmy Johnson and take Lyerla go full Jimmy and take the best RB in the draft. (Dyer)
6. Borland- love hardnosed ILB's, this guy could turn into a starter, at worst he will upgrade the putrid ST's.
7.Lyerla- on talent this guy is a 1-2nd rd pick. Now your building my kinda team. If he cant stay off of the blow cut him. If stays of off it you have a better version of OD.
I like this draft if Rick/Gary/Wade aren't back, The thought of Watt/McCullers/Mitchell/Clowney on the front 4 and Cushing/Skov/Mercilus or Reed at LB means this defense could be as good as Carolina's. Adding playmakers like Joyner and Fuller are major secondary upgrades. The team speed would be much improved. Speed has been sorely lacking on the Texans for yrs. Would you cut Manning or let him take Joyner under his wing?
Good point about the 4-3. Watt as your strong end and Clowney as your weak end. Mitchell at 3' tech puts him in prime position to make plays. He's been miscast as our NT although I think he's performed admirably considering. McCullers would be the 1' tech. Mercilus would be a reserve DE, he's not a natural LB and only plays one in Wade's defense because he's essentially a stand-up DE.
At LB though, I would play Reed at SAM, Cushing at MIKE, and Smallwood at WILL. Smallwood would be an excellent WLB because of his ability to flow quickly and make tackles in space.