View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013   #331
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where to spend the 2014 1st round pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Ah but it is ... as the team getting said player is getting him at a discounted salary cap hit for the duration of the deal - Pending the player was worth the initial value.

Basically they are paying less for the same production. In this case , the Dolts are getting a ~4.6m player for 1.3m this season. They save 3.335m in both actual cash and cap space.

What's more valuable to you , Trent Richardson at 4.6m or Trent Richardson at 1.3m ?? This is comparing apples to apples .... for once.

OT has become one of the premier positions in the game , I cant see Matthews being on the board beyond the 4th-5th picks.

Bridgewater , Clowney & Mariota .... who else do you see going in front of Matthews ?
Been watching Matthews. I'm starting to think he might be the safest pick in the draft. It might be a premium pick at RT at no. 5 through 10, but like you said, I don't see too many guys ahead of him as BPA.

Is Evans of more value than Matthews? Possibly.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote