Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013   #804
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47206 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Saints quarterback Drew Brees said Texas A&M redshirt sophomore QB Johnny Manziel will "absolutely" be a starter in the NFL.

"He's got all the playmaking ability to be a great player," Brees said. "[There are] guys like [Manziel] in this league. Russell Wilson and his ability to run the football and extend plays outside the pocket and throw the ball down the field. Intermediate [routes], I mean he can do it all." The 6-foot-1 Manziel is expected to forgo his final two seasons of eligibility and enter the 2014 NFL Draft. "I think the physical qualities are not nearly as important as the psychological qualities of playing the quarterback position," Brees said. "Certainly you have to have some level of throwing ability and fundamentals and that kind of thing. But speed, height, arm strength those things are way overrated when playing the quarterback position."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/D...starter-111113
It's funny he said the bold. As far as I can tell, Johnny Football has every single one of those qualities. Only thing he doesn't have is height and weight. He is the most elusive athlete I have ever seen, guys rarely get a clean hit on him, he is very fast, and his throwing strength is up there with the best of them in college football. The guy throws an absolutely beautiful deep ball, and I have routinely seen him launch 50-60 yards darts to players many times off balance. His lack of arm strength was only something that got put out there because people hadn't seen him play and assumed because of his size he had a weak arm.