Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013   #803
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Carr, Manziel has been working hard to become a pocket passer. He's tough for a guy his size. He rarely looks to run it when the play breaks down, instead he'll extend the play by avoiding linemen and running to the sidelines waiting for a WR to get open. He will *rarely* run it himself this season. He extends and passes to his 2nd and 3rd options in a way he never would have before.

But yes, he needs to work on it even more, or his stay in the NFL will be an injury ridden short one.
I have watched every single game Johnny Football has ever played for Texas A&M and the fact is most of the posters in here don't know what in the hell they are talking about.

Just because a guy is small does not automatically make him injury prone. Case in point, Matt Schaub. That guy has every bit the build you want in an NFL QB yet has had multiple injury plagued seasons. As far as the running is concerned, they'd be right if they were talking about Johnny and his 1400 rushing yards last season. This year, as you pointed out perfectly, he is almost always looking to pass unless it's a designed running play.

As for the character issues, the only reason we even know about any of his "character flaws" is because he won the freaking Heisman Trophy. The guy doesn't do drugs, isn't missing practices for his team, is always ready to play on gameday, and plays as hard as anyone I have ever seen. Yes, he likes to drink and party. Who the hell said his drinking had anything to do with anxiety? The guy is a 20 year old KID that is the most celebrated athlete in all sports. By some of the responses of many of the posters in here, I'd think they'd never drank or partied a day in their lives let alone be a hot shot QB beating up on the best defenses in college football.

The complaints are just asinine. Players like Johnny Football are EXACTLY what the Texans need. People can say what they want, but I guarantee you every single guy on BOTH sides of the field respect the hell out of Johnny Manziel. Can't tell you how many games I have seen guys on the opposite team run out of their way just to go congratulate Johnny Football. No one that plays with him dislikes him or thinks he is a bad teammate. He is the ultimate competitor, THE team leader, and the type of attitude we could use in the Texans locker room.