View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013   #20
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216794 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If we get a top 5 pick...

I'm really torn on whether to take a QB or not .... Im not convinced that any of this years QB's are "Franchise QB's."

Keenum has had his moments of brilliance and has limited his mistakes - 0 INT's tho a couple probably shoulda been.
But when the heat gets turned up , the entire offense has come apart at the seams.

I haven't decided if Keenum is at fault or if its the failings of the OL along with the fact that they haven't had a back able to pick up blitzes consistently with Foster on the shelf , Tate injured giving snaps to what amounts to street FA's.

Give me a top 5 pick right now and I take Matthews if he's available. If not , I likely try to move back to #8-10 and take FSU's Cameron Erving or Tennessee's Antonio Richardson.

Without reasonable protection , we just cant evaluate the QB spot. Foster's health plays a big part in this as he's been very good at blitz pickup where Tate and others have been subpar to piss poor.

I'd be willing to give Keenum this season and next before making a long term decision at the position based upon what he has been able to do thus far .... but would likely sign a vet FA as insurance.

As for the OLB spot , I have to wonder if better play at the nose would result in more production from those OLB spots.

We all too often see QB's able to step into a clean pocket while the OT's direct the OLB's beyond the QB .... because there is no push up the middle. Get some push up the middle and the QB cant step up on a regular basis. The more I think about it , the more I realize this is the main reason the Texans give up so damn many 3rd and long conversions.

My first three picks are RT , ILB and NT - pending the talent is available.

We also have to consider potential FA losses - Ninja being the main one.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote