View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013   #140
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 273484 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Here's my article on subject.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...oaching-staff/

McClain says in chat 1 that front office wouldn't throw under bus publicly 2 Rick Smith isn't going anywhere even if Kubiak canned. Doesn't given reasons, likely relationship with McNairs/contract extension.

What has Rick Smith ever accomplished? You might think the game has passed the coaches by, but Smith has done nothing ever in NFL.
Whenever I see the GM and "Front Office" try and take more control over the organization from the coaching staff I'm reminded of how Ladd Herzog got Bum Phillips fired and worked his way into being "the power" in the Houston Oilers organization. When an egomaniac who knows nothing about football gets control of an NFL franchise you get the Houston Oilers circa 1980-1988 experience. In short "Chaos" while the GM flails around hiring stooges who don't threaten him.

No thanks. McNair won't but he should fire them both. Then he should go find himself a real, tested GM who should begin the coach hunt.