View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013   #11
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed released

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
You're right about the Jimmy era. He put up with players drug/alcohol/prostitue fun loving ways. As long as the team performed on Sunday's. With Jimmy winning always came 1st. Jimmy told his 1st wife that he was all football 24/7 and if she couldn't handle that then she needed to leave. That's what I call comittment to winning. Could you see Rick/Gary making that kind of comittment? Guess what Belichick/Payton/Harbaughs etc... have that 24/7 kind of comittment.

As far as cutting Reed, tell that to Jameel Cook/ Winston/the 3 rookies rookies that got cut/anybody that dared to speak out against Marciano etc....

Reed came from a winning org, he knew what it took to win at the highest level. A level Texan fans can only dream about the team achieving. Tell me what was untrue about what Reed said.

Meanwhile, Coach Joe and Fat Randy despite doing more to ruin the Texans season than Reed ever could have, still are employed by the Texans.

Reed was just telling the fans what they should already kow, I've played for winning orgs/coaches and the Texans org/coaches are losers.
FIFY

Ed may have had knowledge of what it took, but how did that translate to his contribution to the Texans? Is no-showing for pre-season demonstrating what it takes? Is no-showing for actual game play demonstrating what it takes?

Well before this past week, I've been wishing they would CUT Ed Reed, only as it would be a slap in the face of the man who "took" the money and ran.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=57

If we step back and wonder why.... Why would the Texans hire a player who cannot contribute on the field? I gotta believe they expected a return greater than that man running his mouth. After a pre-season and 10 regular season weeks, I'm guessing the Texans realized Ed wasn't living up to his end of the deal, and got tired of his talk.

Ed certainly didn't live up to my expectations as a fan. Apparently he also didn't live up to the expectations of The Man. (who ever that may be)

Good bye Ed! What's that saying about where the good lord split ya?? n'mind... just get!